Crimes & Disasters
Documents & Records
The First Summit County
Courthouse, seen here from South Broadway, was constructed in 1843
in the Greek Revival style by master builder Ithiel Mills, with
the flanking wings added in 1868. It was torn down when the
present courthouse was begun in 1905.
Civil war Reunion
Akron and Summit County
By Karl Grismer
Publisher: Akron, Ohio, Summit
Co. Historical Society [1952?]
Taken by George J. Snook who had a Gallery opposite the P. O.
50 Years &
Over of Akron & Summit County By
Beacon Job Department, 1892.